[Spacewalk-list] spacewalk-setup throws weird character set error

Michael Mraka michael.mraka at redhat.com
Tue Jun 24 07:33:09 UTC 2008

Ben Preston wrote:
% > * Setting up database.
% > ** Database: Setting up database connection.
% > DB User? <user>
% > DB Password?
% > DB SID? <SID>
% > DB hostname? <hostname>
% > DB port [1521]? <port>
% > DB protocol [TCP]? <protocol>
% > ** Database: Testing database connection.
% > Database is using an invalid (non-UTF8) character set: (NLS_CHARACTERSET = WE8MSWIN1252)
%

% Has anyone run into this problem?  Should I start over (and what then?) or
% is there a good way to convert the DB's charset?  I'm running the oracle-xe
% package recommended in the wiki
% (https://fedorahosted.org/spacewalk/wiki/OracleXeSetup).

Looks like you are running oracle-xe (Single-byte LATIN1 database) not
oracle-xe-univ (Multi-byte Unicode database).
I will highlight this in the wiki.

--
Michael Mráka
RHN Satellite Engineering, Red Hat