[Spacewalk-list] Pushing content to the spacewalk server

Anoop Bhat ABhat at trustwave.com
Fri Jun 27 19:28:22 UTC 2008

Hi,

I'm getting this error when trying to push content to the server according to instructions on https://fedorahosted.org/spacewalk/wiki/UploadFedoraContent

 rhnpush --channel=centos51 --server=http://localhost/APP --dir=CentOS/
Red Hat Network username: abhat
Red Hat Network password:
Internal server error 500 Internal Server Error
Error pushing /distros/CentOS5/base/CentOS/groff-gxditview-1.18.1.1-11.1.i386.rpm: Error 500Error Message:
    Package upload failed: [Errno 13] Permission denied: '/var/satellite'
Error Class Code: 50
Error Class Info: Invalid information uploaded to the server (500)
Waiting 2 seconds and trying again...
Internal server error 500 Internal Server Error
Error pushing /distros/CentOS5/base/CentOS/groff-gxditview-1.18.1.1-11.1.i386.rpm: Error 500Error Message:
    Package upload failed: [Errno 13] Permission denied: '/var/satellite'
Error Class Code: 50
Error Class Info: Invalid information uploaded to the server (500)
Waiting 3 seconds and trying again...
Internal server error 500 Internal Server Error
Error pushing /distros/CentOS5/base/CentOS/groff-gxditview-1.18.1.1-11.1.i386.rpm: Error 500Error Message:
    Package upload failed: [Errno 13] Permission denied: '/var/satellite'
Error Class Code: 50
Error Class Info: Invalid information uploaded to the server (500)
Waiting 4 seconds and trying again...
Giving up after 3 attempts
#

/var/satellite doesn't seem to exist. Should I create it or did I miss a step somewhere?

The content was downloaded using reposync to /distros/CentOS5/base/CentOS

The command for reposync was simply reposync -repoid=base

The server is a CentOS 5.1 server with spacewalk installed.

In addition to this, I also have a question because I'm unclear about the reasons for pushing content to a server using rhnpush and then creating a kickstart tree for CentOS.

Isn't the content being pushed to the server, the kickstart tree as well?

Sorry, I'm a complete noob to spacewalk, and centos with very limited experience with RHN.

Thank you. Great job on Spacewalk by the way. Really looking forward to manage our systems using this.

Anoop