[Spacewalk-list] Introducing Project Spacewalk

Jesus M. Rodriguez jesusr at redhat.com
Tue Jun 17 13:45:48 UTC 2008

I'm happy to announce Project Spacewalk - http://spacewalk.redhat.com.
What is Spacewalk? I'm glad you asked.

Spacewalk is an open source (GPLv2) Linux systems management solution. It
is the upstream project upon which Red Hat Network (RHN) Satellite will now
be based. Spacewalk will work with RHEL, Fedora, and other RHEL derivative
distributions like CentOS.

We look forward to working with project such as Cobbler
(http://cobbler.et.redhat.com/), func (http://func.et.redhat.com),
pulp (http://www.fedorahosted.org/pulp), and others.

The project is live today and you can build from source or simply install
the pre-built binaries for your distribution from our hosted yum-repo.
Please visit our wiki for more information on how to get the source and
install the software:

http://fedorahosted.org/spacewalk

Thanks and we look forward to working with all of you. Please feel free
to share any ideas or thoughts you may have.

jesus m. rodriguez     | jesusr at redhat.com
sr. software engineer  | irc: zeus
red hat network        | 919.754.4413 (w)
rhce # 805008586930012 | 919.623.0080 (c)
|  "Those who cannot learn from history     |
|   are doomed to repeat it."               |
|                       -- George Santayana |