[Spacewalk-list] RHN Traceback when trying to push content to Spacewalk Server

Kent Baxley kbaxley at redhat.com
Thu Jun 19 13:15:27 UTC 2008

I've been following the instructions on how to upload Fedora content to
Spacewalk, but, I've yet to successfully the last step, which entails
pushing the content.

Steps to reproduce for me:

Underlying OS is RHEL5.2 Server, 32-bit

1) Created a Fedora 9 channel using ./create_channel.py

./create_channel.py --user=xxxx --password=xxxx
--label=fedora-9-i386 --name "Fedora 9 32-bit" --summary "32-bit Fedora
9 channel"

2) Ran reposync --repoid=fedora to sync packages to my local directory

3) rhnpush --channel=fedora-9-i386 --server=http://localhost/APP
--dir=Packages

The rhnpush appears to work for a few minutes, then I'm hit with the
following error message:

Internal Server Error

...followed by the attached traceback.

I retried the push several times, but, ended up in the same spot.  Let
me know if there's anything else anyone would like to see.  Thanks!

--Kent