[Spacewalk-list] no Login.do ?

Craven Robert Robert.Craven at freescale.com
Thu Jun 26 16:10:11 UTC 2008

That was it.

Thank you very much.

Bob

-----Original Message-----
From: Justin Sherrill [mailto:jsherril at redhat.com]
Sent: Thursday, June 26, 2008 10:48 AM
To: Craven Robert
Cc: spacewalk-list at redhat.com
Subject: Re: [Spacewalk-list] no Login.do ?

Bob,

(Bob sent me his catalina.out privately).

The relevant error I am seeing is here:

2008-06-25 12:08:24,014 [main] ERROR
org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.[Catalina].[localhost].[/rhn] -
Error configuring application  listener of class
com.redhat.rhn.webapp.RhnServletListener
java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError:
(com/redhat/rhn/webapp/RhnServletListener) bad major version at offset=6

This is due to the fact that the java code we shipped was compiled with
Openjdk 1.6, but I'm guessing you are running a 1.5 jdk or earlier.  Can
you install the packages java-1.6.0-openjdk and
java-1.6.0-openjdk-devel.  Both are available through EPEL.  Then simply
restart your tomcat service.

-Justin