[Spacewalk-list] /var/satellite relocation

Jon Stanley jonstanley at gmail.com
Fri Jun 27 21:06:34 UTC 2008

On Fri, Jun 27, 2008 at 4:25 PM, Jason Frisvold <xenophage0 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Anyway, is it possible to link /var/satellite to that partition instead?

Yeah (this is from RHN Satellite 5.1, not Spacewalk - the "Satellite"
may or may not be replaced with Spacewalk, btw), it's in Satellite
Tools/Satellite Configuration. The option is "RPM Repository mount
point"

> Also, is there a faster method of pushing the data to spacewalk rather
> than rhnpush?  I use reposync to gather the files and then rhnpush to
> push them into spacewalk.  I'm glad I started with the updates (165
> rpms) because it's taking forever..  The main base repository might
> take quite a few hours to populate at this rate...

I don't think so, even satellite-sync (for Satellite customers to sync
to RHN hosted) takes quite some time for the database operations when
sync'ing a new channel, for instance.