[Spacewalk-list] PPC64 channel arch support

A.J.Delaney at brighton.ac.uk A.J.Delaney at brighton.ac.uk
Fri Nov 7 10:04:23 UTC 2008

Dear all,
	I have a channel in spacewalk which is of architecture type PPC.  It
appears that when creating a channel-ppc and channel-ppc64 both result
in a channel of architecture type PPC.  I had expected the channel-ppc
to create a PPC channel and channel-ppc64 to create a PPC64 channel.
	I can't imagine that hosting PPC64 packages in a PPC channel normally
causes an issue.  However when bare metal kickstarting a PPC64 host from
a PPC channel, it appears to expect ppc.rpm packages rather than
ppc64.rpm packages (even when booting from a 64bit kernel).  There does
not appear to be any method of overriding this in the kickstart file.
	Is my observation correct?  Should channel-ppc64 create a channel of
PPC64 architecture?  Is there any way of converting my PPC channel to
PPC64 without having to recreate a new channel (it would take days to
upload the ~16000 packages to a new channel).

--
Aidan Delaney