[Spacewalk-list] And after install....

Pradeep Kilambi pkilambi at redhat.com
Sun Oct 5 18:01:26 UTC 2008

Moises Rivera wrote:
> Hi all,
>
>   I have a customer that need the installation of the RHN Satellite. I
> try with SpaceWalk, because, I dont have any experience with this
> product.
>
>   After a lot ot problems with the PGP keys, packages installations
> and more, finally I installed spacewalk (yuju!!!!). But.... and now?
> :) Today I can connect to the spacewalk - internal - web, but I dont
> know the next steps in the configuration.
>
>   I dont know if I must create a Channel, if I nedd a certificate - in
> the FAQ say that spacewalk use a certificate, but it say that
> spacewalk not use it -......
>
>   Can I use the RHN Satellite documentation for finishing the
> installations? Please, any help will be useful.
>
>   Thank you very much and Best regards for all.
>
>   Moy

Hi Moy:

To start with, I should emphasize that RHN satellite and spacewalk setup
are different, so general RHN satellite documentation might not be very
helpful in some occasions. Now as you already have the spacewalk
installed, you can start creating your own cert, activate it, create
channels, upload content, register clients and start managing em.

Following links will help guide you through the steps,

https://fedorahosted.org/spacewalk/wiki/CertCreation

https://fedorahosted.org/spacewalk/wiki/UploadFedoraContent

https://fedorahosted.org/spacewalk/wiki/RegisteringClients

Hope this helps,