[Spacewalk-list] Upgrading from .1 to .2?

Gerhardus.Geldenhuis at gta-travel.com Gerhardus.Geldenhuis at gta-travel.com
Mon Oct 6 16:33:56 UTC 2008

Hi Albert,
I dont know about the availability of a doc, it might be a good idea to
look on the spacewalk wiki if you have not already. Whether you should
wait for .3 is probably equivalent to asking whether I should wait until
memory gets cheaper before I buy more. Depends on how urgently you need
it, and whether .3 would offer you any significant advantages over .2.

spacewalk I would imagine will be released more often than satellite
which will in turn mean the upgrading between versions will be given
more attention (i hope) or you/us will need to become better at
migrating regulary or only doing so every x months to avoid upgrading
pains.

my recommendation would be to stick with .2 and get a test server where
you can play around with where you can test upgrading before doing it in
production.

Regards