[Spacewalk-list] Spacewalk .2 issues - Internal Server Errors

puck at i29.net puck at i29.net
Tue Oct 7 14:37:23 UTC 2008

Well, I've installed spacewalk onto a physical server running
centos-5-i386, verified everything is running correctly (service
rhn-satellite status), installed the latest rhn-instnum, and fully
updated with base, updates, epel, and spacewalk repos. I've added a
channel and an activation number but when I try to register a system, I
receive the following:

/[root at rhn ~]# rhnreg_ks -vvv --force
--serverUrl=http://rhn.MYDOMAIN.com/XMLRPC
--activationkey=1-0f95b4f51476d945ca596d44b3389aa8
D: opening  db environment /var/lib/rpm/Packages joinenv
D: opening  db index       /var/lib/rpm/Packages rdonly mode=0x0
D: locked   db index       /var/lib/rpm/Packages
D: opening  db index       /var/lib/rpm/Providename rdonly mode=0x0
A protocol error occurred: Internal Server Error , attempt #1,
A protocol error occurred: Internal Server Error , attempt #2,
A protocol error occurred: Internal Server Error , attempt #3,
A protocol error occurred: Internal Server Error , attempt #4,
A protocol error occurred: Internal Server Error , attempt #5,
An error has occurred:
Internal Server Error
Error communicating with server. The message was:
Internal Server Error
See /var/log/up2date for more information
D: closed   db index       /var/lib/rpm/Providename
D: closed   db index       /var/lib/rpm/Packages
D: closed   db environment /var/lib/rpm/Packages
D: May free Score board((nil))/

After this, the system shows up in Spacewalk->Systems but there are no
packages listed under the system. Also, running any further commands on
the client fail. Example:

/[root at rhn ~]# rhn_check
ERROR: unable to read system id./

Does anyone have any suggestions?