[Spacewalk-list] Tracebacks (still)

Jason Frisvold xenophage0 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 9 20:30:50 UTC 2008

Hi all,

I'm still getting tracebacks with spacewalk 0.2.  I have spacewalk
running on a dev server (celeron 2.4 ghz, 1 Gig ram, CentOS 5).  Could
the low specs of the machine be the problem?  When I attempt to
register a client :

sudo /usr/sbin/rhnreg_ks --serverUrl=http://dev.example.com/XMLRPC
--activationkey=1-centos-5.2 --force

I can watch the cpu on the dev machine hit 100% for about 1-2 seconds,
then drop to 98-99% idle.  I would expect just a slow response as
opposed to a complete failure.  And everything was working quite well
with 0.1...

I have tried re-installing 0.2 by wiping out oracle and reinstalling
it, but that doesn't seem to have helped.

Any idea what's going on here?

/var/log/up2date on the client shows this :

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/sbin/rhnreg_ks", line 267, in ?
    cli.run()
  File "/usr/share/rhn/up2date_client/rhncli.py", line 65, in run
    sys.exit(self.main() or 0)
  File "/usr/sbin/rhnreg_ks", line 155, in main
    rhnreg.sendPackages(systemId, packageList)
  File "/usr/share/rhn/up2date_client/rhnreg.py", line 644, in sendPackages
    s.registration.add_packages(systemId, packageList)
  File "/usr/share/rhn/up2date_client/rhnserver.py", line 50, in __call__
    return rpcServer.doCall(method, *args, **kwargs)
  File "/usr/share/rhn/up2date_client/rpcServer.py", line 263, in doCall
    raise up2dateErrors.CommunicationError(e.errmsg)
up2date_client.up2dateErrors.CommunicationError: Error communicating
with server. The message was:
Internal Server Error

/var/log/tomcat5/catalina.out on the server shows this :

Oct 9, 2008 4:23:34 PM
com.mchange.v2.async.ThreadPoolAsynchronousRunner$DeadlockDetector run
WARNING: com.mchange.v2.async.ThreadPoolAsynchronousRunner$DeadlockDetector at cd32e5
-- APPARENT DEADLOCK!!! Creating emergency threads for unassigned
pending tasks!
Oct 9, 2008 4:23:34 PM
com.mchange.v2.async.ThreadPoolAsynchronousRunner$DeadlockDetector run
WARNING: com.mchange.v2.async.ThreadPoolAsynchronousRunner$DeadlockDetector at cd32e5
-- APPARENT DEADLOCK!!! Complete Status: [num_managed_threads: 3,
num_active: 3; activeTasks:
com.mchange.v2.resourcepool.BasicResourcePool$AsyncTestIdleResourceTask at 460d4
(com.mchange.v2.async.ThreadPoolAsynchronousRunner$PoolThread-#1),
com.mchange.v2.resourcepool.BasicResourcePool$AsyncTestIdleResourceTask at 170fe4e
(com.mchange.v2.async.ThreadPoolAsynchronousRunner$PoolThread-#0),
com.mchange.v2.resourcepool.BasicResourcePool$AsyncTestIdleResourceTask at 147c302
(com.mchange.v2.async.ThreadPoolAsynchronousRunner$PoolThread-#2);
pendingTasks: com.mchange.v2.resourcepool.BasicResourcePool$AsyncTestIdleResourceTask at 53d29b,
com.mchange.v2.resourcepool.BasicResourcePool$AsyncTestIdleResourceTask at 127d4d9]

Thanks!

--
Jason 'XenoPhage' Frisvold
XenoPhage0 at gmail.com