[Spacewalk-list] How to reg machines in a specific channel?

Albert Bryndza abryndza at feedroom.com
Tue Oct 14 20:50:20 UTC 2008

What I mean, is, when I register a client (Centos 5.2) with Spacewalk:

rhnreg_ks <--force> --serverUrl=http://spacewalk.MY.DOMAIN.com/XMLRPC
--activationkey=MY.KEY

It doesn't register in any channel.  I then have to manually adjust the
channel for each registered box.

Is there a way to specify a channel (example: "centos5.2-x64") during
the registration process?  Perhaps associate it with a specific key (if
I have multiple keys)?  What I do not want to do is for each added
system to "default" to a channel.  I want to be able to specify the
channel during registration.  I have a base of multiple versions of
Centos, thus adding a 4.4 box would not be advantageous if it defaulted
to a 5.2 channel.

Thanks in advance.