[Spacewalk-list] Installation problems -> ERROR: RHN Entitlement Certificate failed to validate

Santi Saez santi at hostalia.com
Thu Oct 16 22:06:45 UTC 2008

Dear Srs,

When installing Spacewalk on a CentOS 5.2 i686 I get the following error:

# spacewalk-setup --disconnected
* Setting up environment and users.
** GPG: Initializing GPG and importing key.
* Setting up database.
** Database: Setting up database connection.
DB User? spacewalk
DB Password?
DB SID? xe
DB hostname? localhost
DB port [1521]?
DB protocol [TCP]?
** Database: Testing database connection.
** Database: Populating database.
sh: dbhome: command not found
*** Progress: #
* Performing initial configuration.
* Activating Satellite.
** Verifying certificate locally.
** Activating Satellite.
There was a problem activating the satellite: Local activation failure.

Full "rhn-installation.log" is available at:

http://pastebin.com/f43cf4a72

The error appears to be something related with certificates...

ERROR: RHN Entitlement Certificate failed to validate:
Exception reported from spacewalk1.example.net
Time: Thu Oct 16 23:42:49 2008
Exception type server.rhnSQL.sql_base.SQLStatementPrepareError

I have found some post about the same error, but I can't solve it:

http://kbase.redhat.com/faq/FAQ_49_12501.shtm
http://markmail.org/message/p7a6mtrf3y4vvdih#query:+page:1+mid:qu637fydlcft5eto+state:results
http://www.mail-archive.com/spacewalk-list@redhat.com/msg00101.html

It's installed on a working FQDN, using CentOS 5.2 + Oracle XE, following
wiki docs:

https://fedorahosted.org/spacewalk/wiki/HowToInstall
https://fedorahosted.org/spacewalk/wiki/OracleXeSetup

What can I do to solve this? Thanks!