[Spacewalk-list] Installation problems -> ERROR: RHN Entitlement Certificate failed to validate

Santi Saez santi at hostalia.com
Fri Oct 17 08:41:30 UTC 2008

Dear Andy,

El 17/10/2008, a las 0:29, Andy_Hamberger at bnz.co.nz escribió:

> Comparing it to my install log it looks like your server is called
> spacewalk1.example.net and not the actual name that is resolvable,
> unless you set up example.net in DNS. I can imagine that if the
> name is not resolvable the CERT creation would fail.

The installation was made in a server with correct FQDN, but I change
it with "*.example.net" in the logs.. sorry ;-)

I'm following the wiki installation guide, the only diference is that
I use "nogpgcheck" when installing Spacewalk with Yum because of I
get this error:

warning: rpmts_HdrFromFdno: Header V3 DSA signature: NOKEY, key ID
37017186
Public key for
hibernate3-3.2.4-1.SP1_CP01.0jpp.ep1.1.el5.1.noarch.rpm is not installed

So I run:

# yum --nogpgcheck install spacewalk

And I can install without problems.

I have make a new installation in a new CentOS 5.2 box, getting the
same error when running "spacewalk-setup --disconnected":

ERROR: RHN Entitlement Certificate failed to validate:
Exception reported from spacewalk1.xxxx.net
Time: Fri Oct 17 10:27:21 2008
Exception type server.rhnSQL.sql_base.SQLStatementPrepareError

Exception Handler Information
Traceback (most recent call last):
   File "/usr/share/rhn/satellite_tools/rhn_satellite_activate.py",
line 203, in activateSatellite_local
     satCerts.storeRhnCert(cert, check_generation=1, check_version=not
(options.ignore_version_mismatch))
   File "/usr/share/rhn/satellite_tools/satCerts.py", line 228, in
storeRhnCert
     create_first_org(owner=sc.owner)
   File "/usr/share/rhn/satellite_tools/satCerts.py", line 88, in
create_first_org
     return get_org_id()
   File "/usr/share/rhn/satellite_tools/satCerts.py", line 78, in
get_org_id
     rows = get_all_orgs()
   File "/usr/share/rhn/satellite_tools/satCerts.py", line 62, in
get_all_orgs
     h.execute()
   File "/usr/share/rhn/server/rhnSQL/int_oracle.py", line 112, in
execute
     return apply(self._execute_wrapper, (self._execute, ) + p, kw)
   File "/usr/share/rhn/server/rhnSQL/int_oracle.py", line 164, in
_execute_wrapper
     raise apply(sql_base.SQLStatementPrepareError, args)
SQLStatementPrepareError: ('ORA-00942: table or view does not exist
\n', 942, 'SELECT id FROM web_customer')

Perhaps the problem is something related with Oracle, what about this
error?

SQLStatementPrepareError: ('ORA-00942: table or view does not exist
\n', 942, 'SELECT id FROM web_customer')

Is thre anyway to generate this certificate manually to make some
tests? thanks!

NOTE: I'm installing Spacewalk on a Virtuozzo virtual server..

Santi Saez
HOSTALIA
http://www.hostalia.com