[Spacewalk-list] Updating a machine after registering.

Gerhardus.Geldenhuis at gta-travel.com Gerhardus.Geldenhuis at gta-travel.com
Tue Oct 21 15:36:47 UTC 2008

Hi
I have managed to get a server registering after encountering what felt
like every problem mentioned problem on the wiki.

rhnregister have not changed my repos, is this a manual thing if you
have not build your server using the spacewalk server?

Spacewalk does not currently detect that the server is out of date. The
activation key's default channel contains newer versions of the software
so it should strictly spoken show to be out of date. I have noticed that
the osad and jabber are not installed. If I understand the architecture
correctly these are responsible for doing these checks and executing
commands locally. I have not seen these packages mentioned on the wiki,
are they available and are they required for doing packing version
checking?

This page have a good explanation of osad and jabber and mentions that
osad and osad-dispatcher should be installed when installing spacewalk,
which have not happend. I have installed these packages now and am
trying to get them working...

Regards