[Spacewalk-list] A couple of questions

Adrián Márques amarques at geocom.com.uy
Fri Sep 5 17:34:35 UTC 2008

Hi.

Like I said in another mail, I'm trying out spacewalk, and trying to
take it all in at once is proving to be quite a task. I'm poking around
and reading the docs to see how it all works, but I still have some
questions maybe some of you could answer.

1) Is there a way to register virtual systems that have already been
created outside of spacewalk?

2) Can virtual systems be cloned from within spacewalk?

3) Installs/updates take quite a while to be applied. Apparently until
the rhn client happens to check in with the server. Is there a way to
speed this up? for the server to actively notify the clients of updates?

4) I got the following error when installing a couple of packages on a
client: 'Error while executing packages action: None [[6]] '. I suppose
it could be a dependency issue: I had pushed into the satellite only a
few packages because I was very short on disk space, and after I pushed
an entire CentOs repo the installs proceeded ok. However, the error
message isn't at all descriptive of the problem. Is there somewhere I
can look for further information when I get these kind of errors?

Thank you all for your attention.

Best regards.

Adrián.