[Spacewalk-list] A couple of questions

Zac Elston Zac.Elston at metavante.com
Fri Sep 5 20:36:28 UTC 2008

>> You can register a virtual system as a "regular" system with
>> spacewalk, but in order
>> for spacewalk to know it is a virtual system, IIRC, it  would have
>> needed to be created
>> from spacewalk.

My xen guests show up as virtual, while my VMwares guest do not.
Spacewalk apparently knows enough to read the kernel line to infer
guest status.

however it doesn't really matter if you don't have space-walk
managing the host, as virtualization features don't show up unless
you do.  you just get a different icon and they show up under the
Virtual System tab.

as an aside,   has anyone made a guest in spacewalk and had the guest
be accessible?  I can make a guest, but it doesn't register, and
doesn't have a console.  the only way to connect is to watch the dhcp
server so I can find the IP it got and then ssh in.

thanks

-zac