[Spacewalk-list] Spacewalk-setup

Charles Leaver charles.leaver at is.co.za
Mon Sep 8 11:00:44 UTC 2008

On 2008/09/08 11:38 AM, "Michael Mraka" <michael.mraka at redhat.com> wrote:
> The "wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS32" means that 64bit binary is trying to load
> 32bit library. So I guess your oracle client instalation is 32bit only.
> Please install 64bit oracle client and try again.

I found that I had to completely uninstall the incorrectly installed Oracle
components that were 32 bit, then reinstall the 64 bit ones, and be careful
that my /etc/ld.so.conf.d/spacewalk.conf file had this in it:
"/usr/lib/oracle/10.2.0.4/client64/lib/"... then everything worked fine. But
the important step in this whole thing was uninstalling the 32 bit Oracle
components. Once I did that the box was a lot happier.

--
# charles leaver
# nms engineer - internet solutions

Please note: This email and its content are subject to the disclaimer as displayed at the following link http://www.is.co.za/legal/E-mail+Confidentiality+Notice+and+Disclaimer.htm. Should you not have Web access, send a mail to disclaimers at is.co.za and a copy will be emailed to you.