[Spacewalk-list] Spacewalk and Cobbler Questions - Using both together.

Fraginhell fraginhell at gmail.com
Tue Sep 9 22:28:31 UTC 2008

Hi everyone, I have just installed spacewalk and cobbler on a test
(VM) machine which is Centos 5.2
Oracle XE 10.2.0.1. Must say great work the wiki documentation it was
very easy to follow.
I'm a bit confused with a few points, and was hoping people on the
list would be able to pass on some of there experencers with it.
I'm trying to work out where they overlap and whats the best way to
use them both. They are both new to me, and I understand that there is
work towards implementing cobbler into spacewalk in future.

I first used cobbler to import my Centos DVD and then get the updates.
Following the wiki documentation I imported my Centos DVD.
Then got all the updates something like,
mount /dev/cdrom /media
cobbler import --mirror=/media/dvd --name=Centos-5.2

I then created a Centos 5.2 Base Channel
Then used rhnpush to load the Repo Downloaded from Cobbler

rhnpush -d /var/www/cobbler/ks_mirror/Centos-5.2/CentOS/ -c
centos5.2-i386 --server=http://localhost/APP

Now to get the Centos5.2 Updates
repo add --mirror=http://mirror.centos.org/centos/5.2/updates/i386/
--name CentOS5.2-updates-i386
cobbler reposync

Ok first question, with the updates how do I put them into spacewalk
so to that they become errata.
I think cobbler is placing the updates into
/var/www/cobbler/repo_mirror/CentOS5.2-updates-i386/RPMS
Next Question, this means I now have two copies of the same stuff one
for spacewalk and one for cobbler right?
When I update my cobber (reposync) I then need to update the channel
(cronjob this I guess) so that I can see the new errata in spacewalk?

Thanks