[Spacewalk-list] Can you kickstart RHEL

Jon Stanley jonstanley at gmail.com
Wed Sep 24 16:49:10 UTC 2008

On Wed, Sep 24, 2008 at 12:10 PM, Tracy Phillips -X (tracphil -  at
Cisco) <tracphil at cisco.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Is it possible to kickstart RHEL systems with spacewalk? The reason I ask is
> that from my understanding spacewalk only supports Fedora and CentOS.

Spacewalk supports whatever content you put into it - be it RHEL,
CentOS, or Fedora. With the 0.2 release, it can support all of these
within the same org. I think some of the confusion of it "not
supporting" RHEL comes from the fact that it won't pull content from
RHN (the satellite-sync that you may be used to if you use RHN
Satellite). However, you can get the content from RHN in various ways,
such as mrepo, and put the RHEL content into Spacewalk with rhnpush.