[Spacewalk-list] question about monitoring

Miroslav Suchý msuchy at redhat.com
Tue Sep 30 09:25:36 UTC 2008

Michiel van Es wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Does anyone know from RH how I can change the DSN?
> I want to use the spacewalk monitoring feature but I get an oracle error
> ( I think the default is that the monitoring is doing a oracle call to
> localhost and I placed the oracle server on an other server)
>
> Thanks for any help where I can find the oracle dsn..

You mean DNS...

In
   /etc/NOCpulse.ini
replace
   name=xe
with something like
   name=xe at hostname:port
or
  name=database=xe;host=hostname;port=port

Beware - if you directly replace it in NOCpulse.ini, the content of the
file is rewritten during monitoring restart with values, which are
stored in DB in table  rhn_config_parameter. You probably want to modify
  the values stored in db as well.

--
Miroslav Suchy
RHN Satellite Engineering, Red Hat