[Spacewalk-list] question about monitoring

Miroslav Suchý msuchy at redhat.com
Tue Sep 30 10:12:30 UTC 2008

Michiel van Es wrote:
> Hi Miroslav,
>
> Thanks for your help, I got some small questions:
>
> - what parameter name in the spacewalk.rhn_config_parameter table should
> store the DNS? There is no match on the value/name columns with values
> like '%xe%', '%NOC%' or '%pulse%'.

Looking into schema/spacewalk/rhnsat/tables/rhn_config_parameter_data.sql:
insert into
rhn_config_parameter(group_name,name,value,security_type,last_update_user,last_update_date)
values ( 'cf_db', 'name', '%{CFDB_NAME}', 'INTERNAL', 'system',sysdate);
insert into
rhn_config_parameter(group_name,name,value,security_type,last_update_user,last_update_date)
values ( 'cs_db', 'name', '%{CSDB_NAME}', 'INTERNAL', 'system',sysdate);

Dunno what %{CSDB_NAME} means or where/when it is populates.

> - is it possible for spacewalk to use shared server process connetions?
> All connections are now dedicated and it uses almost all sessions at the
What do you mean? Shared connection from apache to DB? No. I do not
think it is possible now.

> moment. Does spacewalk do heavy actions or are all actions on the
> database short and small?
AFAIK short and small.

> - can I change the permissions on the file so it can not be overwritten
> with a restart? (a nasty hack)
You can :)
And since we have no tools to modify values in that table in db, it
should be pretty safe.

--
Miroslav Suchy
RHN Satellite Engineering, Red Hat