[Spacewalk-list] question about monitoring

Michiel van Es michiele at info.nl
Tue Sep 30 11:50:09 UTC 2008

Hmm, I found its DSN in
/usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.8/NOCpulse/NOCpulseini.pm

  my $self = shift;

  my $dbd      = shift;
  my $dbname   = shift;
  my $username = shift;
  my $password = shift;
  my $orahome  = shift;

  $ENV{'ORACLE_HOME'} = $orahome;  # base dir for Oracle

  # Make DB connection
  my $dbh = DBI->connect("DBI:$dbd:$dbname", $username, $password);
 );

  # Set up for graceful exit
  $SIG{'INT'} = $self->can('bailout');

  unless (defined($dbh)) {
    $self->bailout("ERROR:  connect failed: $DBI::errstr\n")
  }

But how can I change it to a correct dsn/database string?
Can I change the shift variabele?

Where can I put the hostname, database scheme, username, password etc?
What is $dbd?

PS.. I am running version 0.1 of Spacewalk, is it worth upgrading to 0.2
although we don't use 64 bit servers?

Kind Regards,

Michiel