[Spacewalk-list] system profile specific activation key

travellig travellig travellig at gmail.com
Wed Apr 1 17:01:27 UTC 2009

List,

How can I generate the $Subject automatically?

Just in case you are wondering what am I talking about by $Subject.

These are the steps to generate a $Subject manually (steps we want to avoid).

UI > Systems(tab) > View Systems  > System > Reactivation > Generate New Key.

We use SW for auditing the number of installations of RHEL/OEL/Suse
(for licensing purposes). We have e2e full automatic deployments.
However, our development teams tend to register the same system > 1
and this has an effect on our global activation keys.

So, we want to make use your API (Method: obtainReactivationKey) in
our scripts in order to reuse existent profiles in SW.

I hope I was clear with the above.

Best regards,

--
travellig.