[Spacewalk-list] Manual db schema upgrade 0.4 to 0.5

Jan Pazdziora jpazdziora at redhat.com
Thu Apr 2 12:14:18 UTC 2009

On Thu, Apr 02, 2009 at 02:02:34PM +0200, Bob Huisman wrote:

> I've just manually upgraded the spacewalk database schema from version
> 0.4 to 0.5 and received some error messages while running the sql files:
>
> - 100-errata-cache.sql
> - 152-rhnSsmOperation.sql
> - 182-rhnServerneededCache_indexes.sql

You were not really supposed to run the SQL files manually. Instead,
/usr/bin/spacewalk-schema-upgrade is used to upgrade the schema, which
would have prevented most if not all of the issues you mention because
it correctly substitutes the tablespace name.

However, the upgrade instructions on

	https://fedorahosted.org/spacewalk/wiki/HowToUpgrade

are not yet ready for the 0.4 -> 0.5 upgrade, so for the time being
I recommend restoring your schema from backup and going back to
Spacewalk 0.4, until we have the final upgrade instructions for
upgrades to 0.5.

--
Jan Pazdziora
Senior Software Engineer, Satellite Engineering, Red Hat