[Spacewalk-list] error running spacewalk-setup --disconnected .5 on F10

Pradeep Kilambi pkilambi at redhat.com
Fri Apr 3 01:12:56 UTC 2009

Pradeep Kilambi wrote:
> Bryan Schneiders wrote:
>> No change here with the new RPMs.  Here's all of my output and the
>> sql tests again.  Should there be something in the web_customer table?
>>
>> # /usr/bin/spacewalk-setup --disconnected
>> * Setting up Oracle environment.
>> * Setting up database.
>> ** Database: Setting up database connection.
>> DB User? spacewalk
>> DB Password? DB SID? xe
>> DB hostname? localhost
>> DB port [1521]? DB protocol [TCP]? ** Database: Testing database
>> connection.
>> ** Database: Populating database.
>> The Database has schema.  Would you like to clear the database [Y]? y
>> ** Database: Clearing database.
>> ** Database: Shutting down services that may be using DB: [tomcat5,
>> taskomatic, httpd, jabberd, osa-dispatcher, tsdb_local_queue].
>> ** Database: Services stopped.  Clearing DB.
>> ** Database: Re-populating database.
>> *** Progress:
>> * Setting up users and groups.
>> ** GPG: Initializing GPG and importing key.
>> * Performing initial configuration.
>> * Activating Spacewalk.
>> ** Verifying certificate locally.
>> ** Activating Spacewalk.
>> There was a problem activating the satellite: Local activation failure.
>>
>> # /usr/bin/rhn-satellite-activate --disconnected
>> NOTE: using backup cert as default:
>> /etc/sysconfig/rhn/rhn-entitlement-cert.xml
>>
>> ERROR: RHN Entitlement Certificate failed to validate: Exception
>> reported from swserver
>
> That's the problem right there, you are not providing a valid
> certificate for it to activate the satellite.
> Thought we shipped a default certificate with sw-server, wonder if its
> not finding that. If you look
> at my install in previous response, a valid cert successfully
> activated my sw-server.
>
> ~ Prad

I'll try another fresh f10 spacewalk install tonight and see if I can
reproduce your issue again. One thing that comes to mind looking at the
tracebacks is the sequence, Can you check this real quick for me,

SQL> select rhn_channel_family_id_seq.nextval from dual;

and see if the sequence has been created in the db. Thats the only other thing I can think of wrt not all variables bound.

will let you know how my install goes tonight.

Thanks,