[Spacewalk-list] how to migrate channels?

Zac Elston zac.elston at metavante.com
Tue Apr 7 16:12:29 UTC 2009

Zac Elston wrote:
> Miroslav Suchý wrote:
>>

>> on 0.1 server:
>> rhn-satellite-exporter -cyourchannel -d/var/tmp/somedir
>> copy /var/tmp/somedir  to 0.5 server
>> on 0.5 server:
>> satellite-sync -cyourchannel -m/var/tmp/somedir
> OH Sweeet!
OH No!

on my .5 server, when attempting to import my channels from .1 server to
.5 server I get

/usr/bin/satellite-sync --list-channels -s myserverfqdn
--ca-cert=/usr/share/rhn/RHN-ORG-TRUSTED-SSL-CERT
12:06:24 Red Hat Network Satellite - live synchronization
12:06:24    url: https://myserverfqdn
12:06:24    debug/output level: 1
ERROR: there was a problem synchronizing the information.
       Error message:
Error Message:
    Server "myserverfqdn " is not enabled for ISS.
Error Class Code: 2004
Error Class Info:
     This satellite server is not allowed to use Inter Satellite Sync on
this satellite
Explanation:
     An error has occurred while processing your request. If this problem
     persists please enter a bug report at bugzilla.redhat.com.
     If you choose to submit the bug report, please be sure to include
     details of what you were trying to do when this error occurred and
     details on how to reproduce this problem.

same happens with .1 server trying to connect itself.  is there a switch
I'm missing?

-zac