[Spacewalk-list] how to migrate channels?

Miroslav Suchý msuchy at redhat.com
Wed Apr 8 09:24:02 UTC 2009

Zac Elston wrote:
>> Miroslav Suchý wrote:
>>>

>>> on 0.1 server:
>>> rhn-satellite-exporter -cyourchannel -d/var/tmp/somedir
>>> copy /var/tmp/somedir  to 0.5 server
>>> on 0.5 server:
>>> satellite-sync -cyourchannel -m/var/tmp/somedir
>> OH Sweeet!
> OH No!
>
> on my .5 server, when attempting to import my channels from .1 server to
> .5 server I get
>
> /usr/bin/satellite-sync --list-channels -s myserverfqdn
> --ca-cert=/usr/share/rhn/RHN-ORG-TRUSTED-SSL-CERT

Inter Spacewalk Sync (ISS) where you sat-synct channel directly from one
spacewalk to other, is available since Spacewalk 0.4.
So what did you do is possible from Spacewalk 0.4 to Spacewalk 0.5 (or
to future releases). If you trying to get channel dump from older
releases you must go the way I mentioned previously

--
Miroslav Suchy
RHN Satellite Engineering, Red Hat