[Spacewalk-list] Odd event...

m.roth2006 at rcn.com m.roth2006 at rcn.com
Mon Apr 20 18:53:55 UTC 2009

Michael,

>Date: Mon, 20 Apr 2009 13:39:06 -0400
>From: "Michael ORourke" <mrorourke at earthlink.net>
>From: <m.roth2006 at rcn.com>
>To: "spacewalk list" <spacewalk-list at redhat.com>
>
>> I went to system, and looked at my test system, and noted that spacewalk
>> thought it was offline. So I went to the test client, and restarted osad.
>> What I got was
>> <...>
>> server 10.70.12.61
>> 2009-04-20 11:15:32 jabber_lib.setup_connection: Could not connect to any
>> jabber server
>> <backgrounding>
<snip>
>You might want to create a log file
>touch /var/log/osad
>And edit
>/etc/sysconfig/rhn/osad.conf
>to turn on more verbose logging.

Thanks! I already had a log, that showed no more than I'd posted. I changed the debug level from 3 to 5, and got a *different* message... that led me on a short set of googling to find it wanted an FQDN, *not* the IP that was in up2date.

So, now I'm online... and back to the original problem: it says I need to update 32 packages, but then it fails with conflicts. I just ran rhn-profile-sync, and now it only wants to update 26 packages (I presume that some were upgraded.)

But I'm still getting conflicts, and I do *not* understand why, when they're upgrades, and should all go in fine.

     mark