[Spacewalk-list] CentOS 5.2 - a warning]

John Hodrien J.H.Hodrien at leeds.ac.uk
Wed Apr 22 22:44:45 UTC 2009

On Wed, 22 Apr 2009, m.roth2006 at rcn.com wrote:

> Had a second thought, right after hitting send: are you suggesting that
> Spacewalk, had it worked correctly, would have installed *both* packages,
> and that instead, it installed just one?

I'm not suggesting anything specific, as I'm not sure you're provided enough
information for me to be sure.  And if we're being honest, I'm not entirely
trusting the information you have provided.

If you started off with glibc.i686 and glibc.x86_64 installed (as I'd expect),
and ended up with only glibc.i686, you'd be in a *horrible* mess.

jh

--
"For your own good is a persuasive argument that will eventually make a man
  agree to his own destruction."                      -- Janet Frame