[Spacewalk-list] CentOS 5.2 - a warning]

Miroslav Suchý msuchy at redhat.com
Thu Apr 23 10:00:21 UTC 2009

m.roth2006 at rcn.com wrote:
 > Not long after I walked in the door where I've been contracting, they
 > told me to do Spacewalk. I went to the site, and 0.4 was the latest,
 > greatest, and stable version. I saw nothing that suggested it was a
 > development version, like the way the Linux kernel x.<odd> == dev, and
 > x.<even> == stable.

*Cough*
*All* versions of Spacewalk are (and will be) somehow development.
Spacewalk will not be stable ever - in the same meaning as Fedora is
never stable. I mean Spacewalk did not went through QA. Only developers
and users tested it. You *should* expect bugs in every release. No
matter if it is 0.4 or 1.0 or 5.0.

Either you are brave and skilled enough that bugfixing means challenge
to you. Or if it means only worries to you, you should use Satellite
instead. You will get QA and support with this. You should tell this to
your manager.

--
Miroslav Suchy
Red Hat Satellite Engineering