[Spacewalk-list] Errata

David Nutter davidn at bioss.sari.ac.uk
Tue Aug 11 21:49:53 UTC 2009

On Tue, Aug 11, 2009 at 12:21:40PM -0500, Andy Speagle wrote:
> On Tue, 2009-08-11 at 08:37 -0500, Marcus Moeller wrote:
> > Are there perhaps Erratas available for CentOS and Fedora already
> > which can be pushed to a local Spacewalk?
>
> I saw somewhere in another post where someone was working on a script to
> scrape the release annoucements to create errata for one or the other.
> I'm almost finished with a script to import errata from RHN.  There
> might not be official errata maintained, but you can get creative to
> create relevant errata for your systems.

I wrote a rough script to import centos-annouce postings/digests as
errata. You can find it at
http://www.bioss.ac.uk/staff/davidn/spacewalk-stuff/

Works OK for us, but take note of the limitations.

David Nutter  				Tel: +44 (0)131 650 4888
BioSS, JCMB, King's Buildings, Mayfield Rd, EH9 3JZ. Scotland, UK

Biomathematics and Statistics Scotland (BioSS) is formally part of The
Scottish Crop Research Institute (SCRI), a registered Scottish charity
No. SC006662