[Spacewalk-list] Local Channel location

Miroslav Suchý msuchy at redhat.com
Wed Aug 19 08:01:30 UTC 2009

Gomes, Rich wrote:
> Where can you specify the location of rpm’s for a channel?
>
> Can it be a more simple structure?
>
> Say like: /bigdrive/repos/rh/5
>
> The point of this is to point to a local directory that rpms are
> manually downloaded to.

You are asking for saying where Spacewalk will store its rpm files?

This can be specified using:
# grep mount_point /etc/rhn/rhn.conf
mount_point = /var/satellite
kickstart_mount_point = /var/satellite

but we have our own structure, so Spacewalk still will need to copy it
there.

> Is anyone else doing something similar?
>
> If so, how do you deal with “age-ing out” older packages?

there is API call packages.removePackage, if you insist on it. But
personally - disk space is cheap and I rather will have overview about
all packages, including the old ones.

--
Miroslav Suchy
Red Hat Satellite Engineering