[Spacewalk-list] Problems Uploading Configs via "rhncfg-manager"

Joshua Roys joshua.roys at gtri.gatech.edu
Wed Aug 19 11:43:31 UTC 2009

On 08/18/2009 05:10 PM, Andy Speagle wrote:
> Hi Team,
>
> I seem to be having a bit of trouble getting config file updates
> uploaded to my Spacewalk server via "rhncfg-manager" ... It throws me
> the following error:
>
> Pushing to channel<mychannel>:
> XML-RPC call error:<ProtocolError for
> <myserver>  /CONFIG-MANAGEMENT-TOOL: 500 Internal Server Error>
>
> Sadly, no traceback is thrown for this error.  Has anyone seen this
> behavior?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Andy Speagle

Hello,

That was actually a bug I just fixed, see:
https://www.redhat.com/archives/spacewalk-devel/2009-August/msg00103.html

And the traceback for those should be in /var/log/httpd/error_log (or
ssl_error_log), if I recall.  If you really need it to work now, you
could patch one of the files by hand to get it working until an updated
RPM is released.  Specifically the following:
/usr/share/rhn/server/configFilesHandler.py
Apply the top two chunks from the email on line ~161 and ~324.

Thanks,

Joshua Roys