[Spacewalk-list] reposync for fedora repo not working

Gomes, Rich Rich.Gomes at wearguard-crest.com
Wed Aug 19 19:14:20 UTC 2009

I decided to try to sync the fedora repos via the command line so I can script\cron it.
Spacewalk is running on a RHEL 5 server, I have copied the repo files for Fedora 11 from a F11 machine and placed them into /etc/yum.repos.d on the Spacewalk server.
If I use the $release $basearch in the repo files, I get an error running reposync stating that it cannot retrieve metadata for repository.

If I hardcode the release and basearch into the repo file, it runs out of mirrors to ry and them dies.

What can be done?

Rich Gomes | Senior Systems Administrator,  AUCA System Services | ARAMARK Uniform & Career Apparel
Tel: 781.763.4508 |  Fax: 781.763.2508
Rich.Gomes at wearguard-crest.com | www.aramark-uniform.com <http://www.aramark-uniform.com/>