[Spacewalk-list] Spacewalk & pam_ldap

Andy Speagle andy.speagle at wichita.edu
Mon Aug 24 20:56:05 UTC 2009

> 1) Can you authenticate the user using LDAP for a different daemon,
> like
> SSH successfully?  If not, take another look at your authconfig.

Yes, LDAP logins for SSH authentication works well...

> 2) Paste your /etc/pam.d/rhn-satellite file so we can take a look at
> it.

# cat /etc/pam.d/spacewalk
#%PAM-1.0
auth        required      pam_env.so
auth        sufficient    pam_ldap.so
auth        required      pam_deny.so
account     required      pam_ldap.so

>  Your LDAP configuration may also be useful, but I would understand if
> you don't want to share it.

Probably not going to be able to include that...

> 3) Make sure 'pam_auth_service = rhn-satellite' is
> in /etc/rhn/rhn.conf.
>
> 4) If you did not use the rhn-satellite name, and instead did
> something
> else, you made sure that the pam.d file and the rhn.conf configuration
> match.

They do indeed match.

> 5) Make sure you restart Spacewalk for it to take effect.
>
> Generally it is straight-forward, so we should be able to get you
> moving.

After a restart, it still is a no-go for me... sadly.  In addition, I'm
not getting ANY output in /var/log/messages regarding authentication.

> Thanks.
> Brandon

Looking forward to a resolution.

Thanks,