[Spacewalk-list] rhn_check hangs if no internet access is available

Andy Miller Andy at doneath.fmail.co.uk
Thu Dec 3 14:41:10 UTC 2009

Hi Folks,

I've nearly finished setting up a Spacewalk server to provision CentOS
5.4 (initially).

Machines on the company LAN have limited internet access, they do not
have access to remote repositories, only the local Spacewalk server. So
in a %post section of my kickstart I have some commands to wipe the
default repos from /etc/yum.repos.d.

However, Spacewalk is inserting a call to rhn_check into the Kickstart
that gets run before my %post section, so the repos are still there and
the command hangs for a goodly while trying to see if the default
repositories are faster than the local Spacewalk server. It gives up
eventually, but the pause is unacceptably long.

Any suggestions on how I can either
* wipe /etc/yum.repos.d before rhn_check is run
* stop the .repo files from being copied down in the first place
* stop rhn_check running (I don't believe it is vital at this point, I
can add to my %post section if it is?)
* otherwise stop the command from hanging around?

Many thanks

Andy
--
  The Miller Family