[Spacewalk-list] Solaris Package Support

Andy Speagle andy.speagle at wichita.edu
Mon Dec 14 18:41:12 UTC 2009

Hi Team,

I'm managing RHEL4, RHEL5 and Solaris 10 installs with my Spacewalk, and
I'm running into a little trouble with Solaris packages for which I need
a bit of assistance.  I'm not certain exactly how this works.

The solaris2mpm command... I've gotten the Solaris 10 i386 packages from
BalaBit... and am attempting to use solaris2mpm to turn those into nice
packages that I can upload to my Solaris channel(s).  What I'm seeing
is... while I can install these packages directly on Solaris 10 x86
machines... solaris2mpm will only spit out a SPARC version MPM...
regardless of the "--select-arch" flag.

I'm wondering... can someone tell me what in these Solaris packages is
rhnpush/solaris2mpm looking for to determine and set the correct ARCH on
the mpm...?  The Solaris host itself is able to discern that this
package is of the correct ARCH... but something's being lost in the
conversion to MPM.

If I can figure out what magic is missing... perhaps I can approach
BalaBit package maintainers to fix these... if'n I can't do it myself.

Thanks!

--
Andy Speagle

"THE Student" - UCATS