[Spacewalk-list] noarch channels

Colin Coe colin.coe at gmail.com
Mon Dec 14 23:12:08 UTC 2009

Ahh, I've probably mis-understood the question.

So you have the base channels foo-5-i386 and foo-5-x86_64 and you need
a child channel that will have common (noarch) packages required by
systems using either base channel?  Then yes, two child channels are
quired, one for each base channel.

I recall reading that shared child channels will be a feature.  i.e. A
child channel that has two or more parent channels but I can't find
the reference now.

CC

On 12/15/09, John Hodrien <J.H.Hodrien at leeds.ac.uk> wrote:
> On Mon, 14 Dec 2009, Colin Coe wrote:
>
> > Umm, no.  :)
> >
> > Back to basics, what problem are you trying to solve?
> >

> No?
>
> I was reading this as though he wanted two base channels with different
> arch,
> and a child channel that is magically common to the two, that's set to
> noarch.
> Since a child can't be a member of two bases, and a machine can't be a
> member
> of two bases, aren't you stuck having to have a pair of identical channels?
>
> jh

RHCE#805007969328369