[Spacewalk-list] bootproto=query

James Hogarth james.hogarth at gmail.com
Tue Dec 15 13:11:41 UTC 2009

I was working round the same thing fairly recently and this is how I put ti
all together in the end:

pre-script:

set -- `cat /proc/cmdline`
for I in $*;
 do
 case "$I" in
  *=*) eval $I
  ;;
 esac;
  done

echo "network --device eth0 --bootproto static \
    --ip=${ip} --netmask=${netmask} \
    --gateway=${gateway} \
    --hostname=${hostname}.<fully qualifed domain> \
    --onboot=yes --noipv6 \
    --nameserver=<ipOfDNS>,<ipOfDNS>" > /tmp/network

In the kickstart configuration (advanced options)  I have

--device eth0 --bootproto static --nameserver=<ipOfDNS>,<ipOfDNS> --noipv6

on the bootcd kernel options i do:

<label> ip=<ipaddress> hostname=<shorthostname> ks=<kickstartfile>

finally within the kickstart advanced options have an:

%include /tmp/network

that will then set up eth0 with the ip address given at the command prompt
and the hostname as well.... at least it dos for me