[Spacewalk-list] spacewalk 0.6->0.7 yum repo issue

romain.pelissier at bell.ca romain.pelissier at bell.ca
Wed Dec 16 15:42:16 UTC 2009

Hi all,
I wanted to upgrade my 0.6 spacewalk setup to 0.7 and follow the upgrade instruction.
When it comes to the schema upgrade I've got this message:

Schema upgrade: [spacewalk-schema-0.6.22-1.el5] -> [spacewalk-schema-0.6.22-1.el5]
Your database schema already matches the schema package version [spacewalk-schema-0.6.22-1].

I see that the doc says to update yum repo to add the 0.7 repo.
The doc didn't say anything about the setup but I have tried:

baseurl=http://spacewalk.redhat.com/yum/0.7/RHEL/5/$basearch/os
gpgkey=http://spacewalk.redhat.com/yum/RPM-GPG-KEY-spacewalk

But it failed with:
[root at cnxsrb38 yum.repos.d]# yum -x spacewalk-postgresql upgrade
Loaded plugins: downloadonly, rhnplugin, security
There was an error communicating with RHN.
RHN support will be disabled.
Error communicating with server. The message was:
Connection refused
http://spacewalk.redhat.com/yum/0.7/RHEL/5/i386/os/repodata/repomd.xml: [Errno 14] HTTP Error 404: Not Found
Trying other mirror.
Error: Cannot retrieve repository metadata (repomd.xml) for repository: spacewalk. Please verify its path and try again

I have try to check the url and it seems very different from the 0.6 folder structure.

Any idea?

Thanks