[Spacewalk-list] update client package state on spacewalk system overview

James Hogarth james.hogarth at gmail.com
Wed Dec 16 19:14:04 UTC 2009

I've seen similar behaviour and posted about it before but got no response
from anyone.

If a package is updated on the server (via rhnpush or reposync) then a
rhn-profile-sync is required from the client to have the server show updated
packages available for that client.

The client can still see the package as available using yum list
updates.....

I've taken to pushing out a cron job from the spacewalk server to all
clients registered that does a rhn-profile-sync and an osad restart to get
around the osad issues posted about previously about an hour after the  time
I have my reposync's scheduled each day.