[Spacewalk-list] API call system.provisionVirtualGuest

Colin Coe colin.coe at gmail.com
Thu Dec 31 04:10:06 UTC 2009

Hi all

Referring to Spacewalk 0.7, the second invocation of this API call lists as:
---
 Method: provisionVirtualGuest
Provision a guest on the host specified. This schedules the guest for
creation and will begin the provisioning process when the host checks
in or if OSAD is enabled will begin immediately.

Parameters:

    * string sessionKey
    * int serverId - ID of host to provision guest on.
    * string guestName
    * string profileName - Kickstart Profile to use.
    * int memoryMb - Memory to allocate to the guest
    * int vcpus - Number of virtual CPUs to allocate to the guest.
    * int storageMb - Size of the guests disk image.

Returns:

    * int - 1 on success, exception thrown otherwise.
---

Are there any plans to make this call as functional as the
corresponding webUI page?  Specifically, any plans to be able to
specify a volume group to use and automagically get a logical volume
of the specified size created for use by the guest?  I ask as I don't
see it on the roadmap.

Thanks

CC

--