[Spacewalk-list] Uninstalling spacewalk

Miroslav Suchý msuchy at redhat.com
Mon Feb 2 16:48:37 UTC 2009

m.roth2006 at rcn.com wrote:
> So, right now, I'm uninstalling the 64-bit version of spacewalk .4, and I'll be installing the 32-bit version, which I assume actually *works*. The 64 bit *does* *not* *work* on a fairly basic installed CentOS 5.2.
It works for me.

> c) your doc says that rhn-satellite is in /sbin, no, it's in /usr/sbin.
This has been changed recently. Fixed on wiki.

> Changes made to configurations:
> Shut down selinux
>    http and oracle need policies added:
>
> #============= httpd_t ==============
> allow httpd_t auditd_log_t:dir search;
> allow httpd_t file_t:dir search;
> allow httpd_t user_home_t:dir search;
> #============= oracle_sqlplus_t ============== allow oracle_sqlplus_t file_t:dir search;
>
> To install the policies:
> cd /etc/selinux/targeted/policy/
> cat /var/log/audit/audit.log | audit2allow -m local > local.te checkmodule -M -m -o local.mod local.te semodule_package -i local.pp

And you then enabled selinux? I hope no. Since it will not work. If you
enable Selinux put it to Permissive. For Enforcing you must be real hero.

> Tomcat:
> wrapper.logfile=/var/log/tomcat5/wrapper.log
>
> After this, edit /etc/init.d/tomcat to add the following lines after the tomcat config is obtained:
> WRAPPER_CMD="/usr/sbin/tanukiwrapper"
> WRAPPER_CONF="/etc/tomcat5/wrapper.conf"
Whoa, a lot of changes. But since I'm not java guy, I will not comment
if your changes is for good or bad.

> Oracle XE 10g:
> If the default http management port needs to be changed, that can be done as follows:
We assume installation on clean system (really - do not install
Spacewalk on machine where is already something else). And port change
is stated here:
https://fedorahosted.org/spacewalk/wiki/OracleXeSetup

> SQL> -- set http port and ftp port
> SQL> begin
>  2    dbms_xdb.sethttpport('80');
>  3    dbms_xdb.setftpport('2100');

I hope you did not change it to 80? There is already normal apache.

--
Miroslav Suchy
RHN Satellite Engineering, Red Hat