[Spacewalk-list] Installing, the 500 error, followup

m.roth2006 at rcn.com m.roth2006 at rcn.com
Tue Feb 3 19:38:11 UTC 2009

>Date: Tue, 3 Feb 2009 20:11:23 +0100
>From: Jan Pazdziora <jpazdziora at redhat.com>
<snip>
>Therefore I do not think that putting SELinux into permissive mode
>cause any change in behaviour. So it must have been the missing
>Oracle setup steps that caused the problem.

I think, rather, making /etc/rhn readable by apache did it. BUT, as I keep saying, I *still* get the 500 error when I try to manage software channels. 100% of the time. And after debugging via the logs, and reading some code, it always comes back to
[Tue Feb 03 11:59:46 2009] [error] Execution of /var/www/html/network/software/channels/manage/index.pxt failed at Tue Feb  3 11:59:46 2009: user_role_acl_test called with no $pxt->user authenticated at /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.8/RHN/Access.pm line 60.

And in the code of that perl module is
sub user_role_acl_test {
  my $pxt = shift;
  my $role = shift;

  die "user_role_acl_test called with no \$pxt->user authenticated" unless $pxt->user;
  return $pxt->user->is($role) ? 1 : 0;
}

so what's happening is that, for some reason $pxt->user has not been created/initialized, so the attempt to go there fails and dies.

Now, unless someone has any idea soon (I *really* need to get this damn thing working, and soon, or my manager's not going to be happy), I may just mod the function to just return true.

Yes, I'm *sure* that's not a Good Idea, since it would let anyone, I presume, perform this, but for now, until I get this resolved, I can depend on the fact that the machine is pretty secure, on an internal network, and only I, the other admin, and our manager have the password to log onto the box, and that only we know the password I've put in for the organization manager role.

Comments? Solutions?

       mark