[Spacewalk-list] Why I want to give up on spacewalk

m.roth2006 at rcn.com m.roth2006 at rcn.com
Wed Feb 4 22:14:02 UTC 2009

---- Original message ----
>Date: Wed, 4 Feb 2009 15:13:45 -0600
>From: Luis Garcia <luis.garciavega at gmail.com>
>Subject: Re: [Spacewalk-list] Why I want to give up on spacewalk
>To: spacewalk-list at redhat.com
>
>Now that I think about it, I was getting a few 500 errors when I tried
>getting to a server using a non-FQDN, I added entry on my /etc/hosts
>file to avoid having to type out the server's IP into the browser.
>That broke authentication somehow, so i erased the line  in my
>/etc/hosts file and it worked again.

That's ... interesting. The VM server I'm on has the name in /etc/hosts, and on my laptop, I edited \windows\system32\drivers\etc\hosts so I could use the FQDN rather than the IP.... Nope, just edited it out, and I can't get there. Just tried it again, using the IP instead of the name, I get there, and still 500.

      mark