[Spacewalk-list] Why I want to give up on spacewalk

mark m.roth2006 at rcn.com
Thu Feb 5 04:08:54 UTC 2009

Jason Frisvold wrote:
> On Feb 4, 2009, at 5:59 PM, <m.roth2006 at rcn.com> <m.roth2006 at rcn.com>
> wrote:
>> Folks,
>>
>>   Ok, I upped it to the recommended 2G. I watched top while I *tried*
>> to go from channels to manage. I still had 1.3G free, and it still is
>> the exact same error, ol' no $pxt-user authenticated.
>
> Are you sure that Oracle is up and running before you try to access the
> box?  Oracle (which is a ridiculous PIG) seems to take a while to get

Yes. No problem at all... but I have a lot of experience with Oracle, and
installing 10g/XE is *simple*, compared with installing the whole big thing.
And I didn't even have to increase shmem and shsem (I think those are the names
of the two kernel parms).

And of *course* I checked it by running sql*plus, and doing the extra configs.

	mark
<snip>
	mark