[Spacewalk-list] rpmforge

Santi Saez santisaez at woop.es
Thu Feb 5 11:20:53 UTC 2009

El 4/2/09 14:19, Michiel van Es escribió:

> Did someone already made the rpmforge repo in his/hers spacewalk
> environment?
>
> We have a lot of nodes using rpmforge.
>
> Can I simply synch the repo and push them in a seperate repo on my
> spacewalk server?
> Then I register the nodes to my spacewalk server/ freshly made rpmforge
> repo?

Some users has said in this list that are using "rpmforge" as a child
channel, if you use a lot of packages from this repo it would be a good
idea.

In my case, I can't use rpmforge channel directly because of in this
repo are packages that are in CentOS "base" channel; for example rsync
package.

We have a custom child channel for CentOS and we put some packages from
rpmforge. We use near about 4-5 packages from this repo, so it's a good
way to prevent upgrading base packages with rpmforge's RPMs.

Santi Saez
http://woop.es