[Spacewalk-list] SP2-0750: You may need to set ORACLE_HOME to your Oracle software directory

Michael Mraka michael.mraka at redhat.com
Thu Feb 5 11:28:29 UTC 2009

Michael ORourke wrote:
% "sqlplus" is looking for the ORACLE_HOME environment variable.
%
% Try...
%
% env | grep ORACLE_HOME
%
% You should see something like the following:
%
% ORACLE_HOME=/usr/lib/oracle/xe/app/oracle/product/10.2.0/server
%
% I would try sourcing the login profile, like so...
%
% . /etc/profile
%
% then see if ORACLE_HOME gets set properly.  It looks like the following script
% sets Oracle's environment variables (at least on my system):  /usr/lib/oracle/
% xe/app/oracle/product/10.2.0/server/bin/oracle_env.sh
%
% Which should run when you login (from /etc/profile).

Please don't mix server and client settings.
ORACLE_HOME is important only for oracle server environment not for
(instant) client.

% -Mike

--
Michael Mráka