[Spacewalk-list] Mr. 500 here... more info

Stephen John Smoogen smooge at gmail.com
Thu Feb 5 22:44:41 UTC 2009

On Thu, Feb 5, 2009 at 3:28 PM,  <m.roth2006 at rcn.com> wrote:
>>Date: Thu, 05 Feb 2009 17:13:10 -0500
>>From: Máirí­n Duffy <duffy at redhat.com>
>>Subject: Re: [Spacewalk-list] Mr. 500 here... more info
>>To: spacewalk-list at redhat.com
>>m.roth2006 at rcn.com wrote:
>>> Mairin,
> <snip>
>>can you do rpm -qa on each and diff it?
>
> There are a lot of differences - I'd guess they did a full yum update on the template between when they made the test machine, and what was used on the new system.
>
> That being said, I have to admit to feeling as though the spacewalk Spacewalk team, in offering a package for CentOS 5.2, and *not* noting things that were needed for different versions of that, and yum not automagically determining the dependencies - I remember the full d/l for spacewalk was something like 267 packages - leaves me at the point of wondering if I need to build from source, and not trusting a binary release.

At this point you are the only source out of many people who have
CentOS-5 boxes. So I would say you are putting the cart before the
horse.. At this point, we know that you are having a problem, and do
not know why. We know that other people who have replied to one of
your threads have not had this problem. So it is a matter to find out
what is the difference between your system and others.

--
Stephen J Smoogen. -- BSD/GNU/Linux